Search Saving Face

Saturday 2 April 2011

Whip out the lips

When you're having a bit of a downer, the best thing to do is buy a 75-piece Iceland buffet for a fiver, go home to a darkened room, wearing shit trackkie bottoms (possibly laden with unidentifiable stains) and eat the lot. Whilst crying and listening to some Beyonce Me, Myself and I and/ or watching Friends: The one where Ross and Rachel Kiss.
Or, if you aren't in my friendship circle (I know two of my friends did the whole Iceland buffet routine on one particularly lonesome night- so don't deny it you guys), you might want to try something with a little bit more class.

My personal favourite?

Lipstick.

Now, as you'll know if you've been reading my blog (I'm not going to pretend that anybody but me has), I love a well applied lip. Harks back to the days of glorious glamour. Oh Liz Tay, we salute you.
So I wanted to do this post to show you my own personal lipstick wardrobe. 'Wardrobe?' I hear you say- 'don't be such a loser, Saving face.' Loser is my middle name, I can't help it. And this is my lipstick wardrobe. So go back to your Iceland buffet if you don't like it.


These are the colours in my collection. I think there's something here to cover every scenario.


Back row: Collection 2000, Mudslide. Collection 2000, Cherry Pop. MUA, shade 13. 17, Hot Chilli. Barry M, 54.
Front row: Wet n' Wild, Retro Pink. MUA, Shade 1. Tesco Lipsticks 1-2.

I blogged before about the two MUA lipsticks, which I'm loving atm *cough* still a loser *cough*. But generally, the 4 I tend to go between are the two MUA shades and, most recently, the Barry M 54 and the 17, Hot chilli.
In fact, I would go so far as to say I love the 17 Hot Chilli. I should stand on a bridge and declare it to the world or something. I've seen this on a couple of blogs before and for summer, it's a really spicy shade (See what I did there?).

So not many tips n' tricks today- Just basically an advert for lipstick. You can literally leave the rest of your makeup minimal (when I say minimal, in my case I actually mean a bucket load of foundation to hide the blemishes and get that 'natural' look) and make a statement with a power lip. The other thing which is great if you are lacking in the money department *cough* ME *cough*, is that you can throw on a simple top and some jegs and literally 'dress it up' with a slick of the lip stuff. And some heels, obvs ladies. You crack out the trainers, you crack out of thinking straight.

So whip out the lips ladies. And give those oil fried chinese budget snacks a kiss.

2 comments:

  1. NB- I know this is SUCH a small collection compared to some I've drooled over on blogs. I see your wares, I'll raise you! Good day *off to Boots*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty colours!!

    ReplyDelete