Search Saving Face

Wednesday 13 April 2011

no TITLE cos it don't need one

With so many new-fangled lotions and potions on the market, it can sometimes be hard for a gal to know what to do.

A simple trip to Boots has become a minefield. You literally have to arm yourself with a scientific dictionary and devote at least 2 hours.

Lifting, sculpting, tightening, blemish-sorting, tan-giving, radiance-boosting, wrinkle-reducing. These names get fired at you as if some kind of imperfect skin assasin is crouching atop the aisle aiming bullets at your poor little mind. And you only came in for a moisturiser.

Time to step down, assassin. Your work here is done. This blogger harks back to a simpler day.

So I was delighted this week to re-purchase two of my most trusted and noblest steeds. On and off, I've been using them for a few years.



Palmer's Cocoa Butter, £3.89
Vaseline, £1.89

I know alot of people like the Cocoa Butter in it's solid form , which comes in a tub, but I really like this one. As I have quite problematic skin, I don't want what looks like a layer of grease sitting atop me, making everyone think I've forgotten to wash again. This is really easy to apply, absorbs quickly and does what it says on the bottle. Which to me, knowing the value of every penny I get my grubby little hands on, is the most important thing.

I always like to get Vaseline with Aloe Vera, too. Vaseline on it's own is a real multi-purpose hero, but I think the Aloe Vera is more nourishing. Putting it on is way better than drinking it (trust me, I've actually got a bottle of the stuff in my cupboard). Great for dry spots, lips and conditioning eyelashes.

I reckon if you looked on the bathroom shelves of the world's most beautiful women, you're more than likely to find one of these two. Or products of a similar ilke.

The only thing I am a little peeved off about is the escalating price of Vaseline. It's a bloody conspiracy I tell you. The government and their damn 'indirect taxes'. They know we can't live without the good stuff, that's what it is.
   I'm drafting a letter to Cameron as we speak. You know this inflation malarkey has gone too far when it threatens to damage your skin's moisture.

1 comment: