Search Saving Face

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Beauty UK- Review

Couldn't really think of a funny/ tired sigh inducing pun for the title today. Must be losing my cheese factor. Anywhoo, I've been sent some products from the lovely gals down at Beauty UK. Well, they were sent a week or so ago but I've had to try them out to give you an honest review. Which this will be, obvs. I am nothing if not honest to the point of slightly cutting in some of my past feedback.

I have been sent 3 products- eye shadow collection in 6, glam nails nail polish in Cotton Candy (out soon) and liplust in no.2 diamond (out soon). So, everything to make up a look, basically (except for the umpteen layers of foundation that will be needed for my massive face).

Firstly, to the eyes.....

I love love love this palette. It's £3.99 for 10 shades, or two palettes for £6 atm I believe (informed by one very excited sister this morning).

I'll be clear- when I first saw this- especially the bright pink shade- I went all Mercedes from Glee on it and was like 'Hell to the no, ain't no way I'm putting that on my face.' And I was- as usual- correct. This is NOT the shade for eyes. Unless you have dark skin and dark eyes- ie, the opposite of me- just don't even bother. People WILL think you are diseased.

Money not wasted though- this colour is an absolutely fab blusher. Particularly with a tan. Though make sure it's fake, even in this lush weather, we keep the SPF slathered on to the max, don't we ladies.

I really like the purple. I don't think it would look so great with my natural hair colour. Fortunately however, I am a monthly dyer (if they don't have my shade of L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss in the local Superdrug when I call in on a certain date, they know they're in trouble.) And this colour is great for an alternative smokey eye (I'll do a FOTD with this soon). Really nice for smouldering summer nights....or sitting on your own on a computer looking out at said smouldering summer nights, as I am right now *sigh*.

Also love the bronze colours. Overall, very happy with this palette. I think it's an absolute bargain because the more vibrant shades are so heavily pigmented and last a long time. If you don't want to dare it, they put in a white colour to mix with. NB- Please PLEASE don't put this white colour on your eyes on its lonesome. You will look like chalk. And some kid will pick you up and write on the pavement with your face.


Colours swatched (badly).....

Right, N to the A it's nail time......

I've blogged about beauty UK nail polish before, because for £1.99 and such a great selection of shades you can't go wrong. However *shock/ horror/ gasp* I have to admit that unlike the other ones I have (admittedly chosen myself), I'm just not feeling this colour. I'm a bit of a magpie and bright things really catch my eye. Bright this ain't. Shimmery and sweet, yes. So if you are, then go for it. Unfortunately I am pretty garish (honestly, people sometimes run away in the street) and I like my nails to reflect this.

Kiss me quick, it's time for lips (okay, cheese factor back on form)

Usually, I don't plump for a clear gloss as I tend to just slick on the Vaseline instead. So actually, I was quite pleased to add this one to my expanding haul. It has a nice applicator which means you don't get too much product out and end up with either fish lips or sticky hands (just a normal night for Jordan. And we all know velour tracksuits aren't the glamour look we're going for). It's only £2.99 which I'd say is about right. Just something basic to put in your collection. It's not a miracle worker though and you're not going to end up looking like Ange *sigh*. On a plus note, you're not going to end up looking like Jordan either.

No comments:

Post a Comment