Search Saving Face

Monday 2 May 2011

The Heights of Hair: Product Review

I am on a crusade. For volume. If I was a medieval character, you'd all be referring to me as 'St.Normalface of Root Lift' by now. Tbh, thank goodness I wasn't a medieval character. Because I wouldn't have had all of the reasonably priced products in Boots to help me on my way to hair success.

Now, this quest, unfortunately, also makes me a bit of a sucker for a) empty promises b) sexy packaging. And the product review I have today sold to me on these (mainly it was the sexy packaging. SURELY it could make me look like that hot woman on the bottle?! It wouldn't even have much *cough* work to do.....though she does look s a little like a hooker.....)

I am talking about Umberto Giannini Backcomb in a Bottle and Glam Hair Massive Mousse






I've seen some really positive reviews of these, so if you've tuned in to hear something positive- turn off your blogspot radar now and leave. Positive review this ain't. I'm really disappointed.

Why? Let St. Normalface of Root Lift tell you why.

Firstly, the mousse diappointed me more than the hairspray. It was sticky, it came out of the bottle not with the springy mousse-like texture I'm used to (and I use a lot of the stuff, I know how it should feel, oh Aussie Haircare I will mever desert you again). It was kind of just......runny. Hmmm, I thought to myself. Maybe this just means it's good or something. Yea- good at making my hair look crispy. I did my usual roller routine with a blow dry....and blow drying it turned out to be a massive mistake. Even bigger than that time I tried blue lipstick. I've got it in every other colour people- I was young- don't judge!

When I blow dry my hair using my trusty Aussie HairCare Aussome Volume mousse, it's flexible enough to just enhance the volume. Not so with this mousse. And it's a real shame considering it's a 'salon' type brand.

The Backcomb in a Bottle wasn't a disaster- it was just a bit 'meh.' Like grey when you could be wearing red, you know? It's £5.49, again, very sticky and doesn't really do anything a decent hairspray won't.

I know there are a lot of positive reviews about this product. It just didn't work for me. Maybe that's because I literally have the main of a lion and actually, all this volume talk is just ridiculous because soon I won't be able to fit under those small country tunnels that say 'No vehicles over XX high'.

1 comment:

  1. To make my hair more voluminous, I always blow dry my hair bending over, (so my hair is upside down,) it always makes my hair a little bigger :) And use the diffuser thingy that comes with your hair dryer, that's meant to make it bigger (I think?) :) xxx

    ReplyDelete