Search Saving Face

Monday 9 May 2011

I ALSO Heart

Thought I might do a little bit of a regular post of things I'm loving atm- just as a reminder to myself that life has its blessings and even in the face of adversity, there are still things to be thankful for.

These are not exactly related to the usual subject of my blog. But a good friend (called t'internet) once told me that happiness is beautiful and cosmetics ain't the only pretty things in life.


* Summery days with MJO 

We are probably most definitely the sexiest couple in the world. But when we're not busy being fabulous (near enough all of the time), we're having some of the best days of my life.

* Hello old friend. How are you?

Sometimes you end up with so many shoes....and clothes.....and bags.....and scarves/ belts/ earrings......that the old faves can get pushed to the back of your mind. I'm a magpie- I always have been, baby. You're sparkly and shiny and 50% off in New Look? Grab your carrier bag, you're coming home with me.

On Friday I rediscovered these trusty favourites of mine. Boy did it feel good to slip my feet back in to those familiar grooves and give them a rest from the blisters my new, more 'in' shoes had made.


 *Feeling the blues......

I'm not a massive lover of gigs. Spilled beer is never going to bode well for instant tan.

But at the weekend, I witnessed something genius- that is, Uncle Pete's harmonica playing. Linked below is a video (*cough* filmed by yours truly. And my, how well it is done too) of Tollbar Blues- the band he's a part of. They were absolutely brilliant and I'm hoping Uncle Pete is going to be the next big thing!

As they might say in Essex- 'Quali'y'
            
 

* Flower Power



With a ridiculous make up collection comes ridiculous difficulty in trying to house it. Espesh when a goldfish has more space than you. So ladies, I was pretty psyched when I saw this case in the beloved Primarni, £4. Unfortunately, it was on the highest shelf I have ever seen. And me being no gazelle, I almost gave up on getting it. But boyfriend had other ideas- he jumped up, hit it off the shelf- and as it went flying, nearly knocked someone out in the nearby queue.

*The Historical Importance of Our Time

Okay, I have no idea why I just wrote that- it just sounded pretty clever, okay?! I'm a proper history geek and I don't really give a damn what you think about it. Last week we took a trip to see HMS Victory and the Mary Rose and I was just like.....wow.


Even if it's Horrible Histories, you feel so much better for learning about your heritage. It's cooler than ICE.


    * SUPER EXCITEMENT* Looking forward to seeing the Dream Team *SUPER EXCITEMENT*

Walton's coming of age is soon approaching us and I am really looking forward to spending some quality T-I-M-E with my friends. I never thought I'd be grown up enough to say that life is hectic and you literally have to plan these things when you all have your own shizzle going down. But here we are. And come the beginning of June, Partay time is where we shall be.


To bring even more sunshine in to this life of sin, I get to see Perry and the one they call Corrigan for dinner again soon too. So *reflective moment* I guess what I'm trying to say is- it's nice to know even if you are busy (with work/ study/ Iceland buffets) these ol' pals- AND THEIR LACK OF UVA PROTECTION- will be right there.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh I always liked visiting the Mary Rose, I used to live ten minutes away, so I had the luxury of visiting when I wanted. I always found it very creepy, I half expected to see a ghost dancing in and out of the wreck!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know what you mean- those old places have such a funny smell as well. I got talking to the man who works there and he said they have like 200 skeletons from the wreckage that they're still doing tests on....and (GROSS) combs from the ship with LICE in them. Disgusting, fascinating and true x

    ReplyDelete