Search Saving Face

Monday 2 May 2011

Matte nails- the verdict



Word on the street is that matte nails are a big deal. Not one to miss out on the down-lo, I thought I'd give it a whirl. To be honest, I was pretty dubious; I always always finish with a gloss top coat. And I hate smudged nails. Yea.....so why exactly I wanted to try this out, I'm not really sure. What I am sure of is the fact I'm pretty broke. So I went for Pink Flamingo, George Quick Dry nail polish- £1.79. It had the word New! emblanozed across it in big shiny letters. And I am always a sucker for an exclamation mark.

Also meant I ended up buying two lovely spring shades (in shiny variety)


The colour in the bottle did not translate to the nails- when dry, it's a dark pink/ reddy colour. Which was kind of disappointing as I was looking for that specific colour and I didn't get it. Means more money on nail polish. Thank you very much, ASDA.

The product goes on smooth and shiny, like a normal polish. But then it dries really quick in to a kind of.....waXy formula. It's really matte but looks slightly like candle wax or see through plastic. I actually like this. Like all of us beauty-holics that feel guilty about the amount we're spending on products, I feel the need to change my nail colour about....ooh....100 times a week. Yes polished nails are a must-have, but it's all so time consuming isn't it? For once, it's quite refreshing to just 'chuck on' a colour and it dry really quickly without fretting too much about the finish.

Excuse the sausage-like quality of my hands. No, I am not a product of Walls. I am, infact, a human being.

Verdict

Sometimes I feel it's nice to have beauty products made for convenience. Yea, we love to treat ourselves- hell, I've literally got a whole make up bag full of lipsticks- but at the end of the day, there is more to life. There is a beautiful world out there to go and explore. You can't do that with rigid outstretched hands because you're terrified of smudging your polish.

For the working week, this is a great way to remain stylish without taking up too much of your valuable time. Yes, it does need maintenance for chips (using a top coat- unless you get a matte one- will take away from the desired result.) But for this bargain price, it's a hassle free way to make people in the office think you actually have a life outside of ice cream and sex and the city re-runs *checks time- flicks remote, gets back in to bed again*

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm a big fan of matte nail polish! I bought a black one from Avon not so long back, chips so easily, but, as you said, it's brilliant that it can be put on and we don't have to sit around for ages waiting for the stuff to dry!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete