Search Saving Face

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Another Favourite number- Subtract 10

....and you get No.7

Review: No.7 Ultimate Nails

As those around me know, I spend far too much time and money on products and gizmos that I (probably foolishly) hope will one day transform me in to Marilyn Monroe. To save me from financial cripple-dom, sometimes these people will generously help me out. And this is how I came to possess the No.7 Ultimate Nails kit.

To be honest with you, No.7 has never been a stand out brand for me. Aside from the following stated occassions: Protect and Perfect Serum, that lovely green nail polish they brought out at Christmas time and the fact I am slightly in love with Lisa Eldridge, one of No.7's geniuses.

I was vaguely interested in the Poppy King lipstick collection, but thought maybe alot of it was good branding and that those shades could come from anywhere on the market (though I can't resist that fiery red 'History' colour).

So, to the nails kit. At first I was a bit like....meh. I shall tell you why, though 'tis an embarrassing story.

I have....*swallows pride, looks to floor* damaged nail beds. It's not my fault, it happened a long time ago and is, actually haters, hereditary. For some reason past generations on my mother's side have inherited it. And the great creator clearly thought "I've given that sister the fat gene, the big head gene and the un-cool gene. May as well throw in the shit nail gene as well. The other two siblings look like heaven, it's only fair one out of three is crap."

So that's how the situation came to be. Anyway, try as I might- techniques, manicures, vitamins- the nails still remain the same. Annoying, because it means I have to slap on ALOT of base coat to make them look relatively normal.

Low and Behold, this bad boy comes in to my life....


Honestly, the battery operated manicure stick has smoothed out my bumps to perfection. I know I sound absolutely ridiculous, but you lucky so and so's don't know how blessed you are to go about life not even thinking twice about ridges in your thumbs. Well make some room, there's a new cow in your herd now, sharing the grass of all that is a perfect nail.

No.7, you have saved me a fortune in nail base coat and re-ignited my professional aspirations of becoming a hand model.

4 comments:

  1. Such a good post! You write so well! And this looks promising... How much was it?

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post great story , loving that set !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaw thanks girls :) Claire I'm not sure I will find out for you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Just post a comment on my blog if you find out :) I don't always notice replies on other people's blogs :( x

    ReplyDelete