Search Saving Face

Wednesday 4 May 2011

MUAmazing

So, you get it by now- I'm poor. Broke. Nada. Zilch. Suffering for my art. Tbf, not being appreciated in your time is the ultimate gift for any artist/ writer, so hey ho....

Anyway, I hope that when I do eventually get the recognition I so desperately long for (in a few thousand years time) I shall be known for always having colourful nails. The question is; how do I do this when I'm not Cheryl Cole (in the money stakes, at least)?

Before you click off, look horified and wonder what in humanity is wrong with me whilst you dial the number for the local health authority, take a look at this.....



It's another wonder from MUA. I am very impressed with this £1 nail polish. Sure, you don't get loads of product- but again, you're paying a POUND. For that amount, the product you do get is impressive. It's a really nice consistency and was super shiny without any top coat. I have put top coat on as I'd feel a little undressed otherwise.

I will be honest- I'm not that impressed with the colour range of the MUA nail polishes. This MIGHT be because I have variations of all the colours available from different brands. But I chose this coral, Shade 4, because I love the brights and I have to carry on reviewing to keep you babes entertained.

My thumb looks like a separate, living entity in this picture.

*WARNING* Philosophical moment- When I find a bargain product like this, it does make me question the beauty industry in general (I know right, waaaay too much time on my hands). I mean- if one company can make a decent product this affordable, are we literally paying for packaging? Sure, packaging is nice. But it ain't going to keep you warm at night. A duvet is. And you can't afford one of those if you've spent all your money on expensive brands. Trust me. I should know. *Pulls cover of Benefit boxes around self, rubs hands together- slide on slippers made of Yves Saint Laurent cartons.*

3 comments:

  1. Ooh it is very pretty, I've always walked past them because the bottle was so small, but then again I'm only paying a pound! I don't understand why people pay so much for brands like Chanel etc. when 1.) They can't even really afford it and b.) You can get replica's for over half the price on the high street!
    Sorry, rant over.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i feel exactly the same. don't worry, i'm always ranting about something. But it's tue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm totally taken in by packaging, especially YSL! I'm trying to cut back on pricey products too, I'm sure cheaper things are just as good

    ReplyDelete