Search Saving Face

Monday 9 May 2011

I Heart Vintage

I've got the fever. No, this is not a reprisal of the beubonic plague (though probs by looking at me you think it is). I'm talking about the reprisal of my love for vintage. This latest rekindling happened when I re-watched The Notebook last week.

Aside from bawling like a baby- what?! Am I supposed to be made of STONE?!-Nicholas Sparks, you tear jerker!- I loved Rachel McAdam's look.



But oh, to have the dainty bone structure of she. I sometimes wonder if my honker would be better suited to a horse. (I live daily in fear of the Sarah Jessica Parker situation becoming a real life reality for me. Watch her old movies. She's really quite glorious. Equine gene must have snuck up on her like a beast in the night.)

AND I could not be more excited about what slammed through my letterbox this morning (laugh- but this is my life)

I'm sure you all watched Lisa Eldrige's series on vintage make up and this book is by Madeleine  Marsh; the expert she works with during it. If you're a keen bean collector, you're probs going to want something a little more text heavy. But if you just love looking at nice pictures, really, and learning a bit- this is the bookeroo for you (sorry, that was a ridiculous phrase).

 I'm going to write more about how I am desperately (and probs failing) to emulate the look in one of my upcoming posts. I'm working on some looks as we speak and I can't wait to post them.

Bet you're all quivering with excitement at the thought of it. Though tbh, to those of you that saw my Scarlett Johanson creation- there is no denying I'm a style genius.










No comments:

Post a Comment