Search Saving Face

Sunday 20 March 2011

A flutter of lashes and an apology

I have been a shameful beauty blogger of late and I must apologise. These past couple of weeks have been so busy with exams and general life panic (still time for a well maincured nail, fear not beauty lovers). It's nearly over though- exams start tomorrow and as soon as, I will post you an update on how my challenge is going. The challenge is using up the beauty products I own instead of lusting after new ones which I can't afford and, let's face it, chances are I probably have something else that already does the job. (The job being- to make me look fabulous. Too late, can't improve on perfection.) I vowed not to buy another product until I had given everything in my beauty case a well deserved go. NB: Don't worry, I haven't been sneaking down to Superdrug in a mac, sunnies and a trilby hat as night falls.
 
     I know you're all dying to know- have probably been checking my blog night and day, pining after me and my rollered hair. So I will just tell you this- I'm glad I did it.

      You know how it is- you're in Boots, wandering along the aisles- when suddenly, BAM. Your eyes meet across the perfectly stocked shelves. And you know, whatever happens, you will be going home with that new mascara/ shampoo/ tampon carry case.

      And you use said product. Maybe if you're going out that night, you'll put on a new lip.

   But there will soon be another shopping trip. Soon another product. And poor old Barry M Shade 2051 is left to cry and become gloopy.
  
    No more I tell you! Though it probably looks like it, I'm not attempting to build a new Boots store in my room (would I even get planning permission?). So I'm using what I've got. Until a well earned pay cheque rolls in...

  One of the other reasons I can't give you a full update is because I'm without a camera at the moment (let someone borrow it, I am the People's Champion....and also high off the fumes from the nail polish). Your atterntion span has probably wavered after me warbling on like this, so photographs would be appreciated I'm sure. I'll be back with pics as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment