Search Saving Face

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Based on a bargain

*Sigh* ladies it's true. I'm sorry, I know you'll be reeling in shock but- dun dun dun- I don't have perfect skin. And it's not made any better by the amount of crying, stressing and squeezing I do on a daily basis.

But, unfortunately, I am stuck in a dilemma- the dilemma being I am unemployed, stressing because all I want to do is be a journo and I'm just about to spend my last £2 so I can attack editors with my (brilliant) CV. This dilemma results in the crying, stressing and squeezing- results in more spots- results in me not being able to afford a decent cover up- results in general feelings of shitness and confidence loss in the journo ability. A vicious cycle.

So, my quest is always to find a decent base for as little pennies as possible. The latest to come under my radar is this...

 Collection 2000, Ultimate Fix foundation

 This is currently on offer in Boots- £4 with a free Hot Looks Nail polish. At first I was dubious- maybe they give you the nail polish because the foundation is rubbish and so at least you'll have nice nails to detract from your skin.

But I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised. This is a creme to powder formula so it does give quite good coverage.
My only problem is that even though the compact comes with a blending sponge, the formulation dries to powder quite quickly which makes it hard to apply. I find myself rubbing my skin harder than I would using a normal liquid foundation- and let's face it, a red and bruised face is probably just as bad as a majorly spotty one.

Overall, a good bargain buy. I would say that- unless you are blessed with normal skin *shakes fist*, blend with a liquid formulation or layer this one on top



Me, wearing the foundation. Also wearing an 'I am going to kill someone look' as I've just discovered I've locked myself out of the car. With the keys still in the ignition. On my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment