Search Saving Face

Tuesday 29 March 2011

GOSH! That's a lovely pair you've got there



Yes, I am talking about my lips. It's been a tough week, what can I say?! A little self promotion doesn't do any harm every once in a while!

Before I take full credit, I must confess- They've had some help. Courtesy of the new GOSH lip pens. 

I am a sucker for a new product and when I saw the Maybelline Lip Pens launch at the beginning of the year, I did excitement quiver slightly. I also spent quite a lot of time in Boots putting on the Royal Plum shade (it went well with my scarf dont ya know.....well, one of my many scarves.....).

Anywhoo, as much as I loved the colour and the staying power of these lip pens, I didn't love the price (£7.99). Yes, it's not a lot. But as I am constantly moaning, you kids know I am proper skint.

So imagine my elation when I found these babies....

NB: I should not be a photographer

They're currently on offer for £4.99 at Superdrug and in my humble opinion, do the job just as well as the old 'Maybe she's born with it' lot. Well for your information, yes Maybelline, I'll have you know I am worth it. If only the bank manager would realise this.

I really like these pens if you're going out for drinks or something, as you don't constantly have to worry about re-applying. Or the cracked lip effect/ lipstick on glass slobbery you'd get otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I am not permanately converting from lipstick. You know how much I love the stuff. I'd probs eat it if I thought I could.

And also because whilst these pens are pigmented well and can be built up to a stronger colour, they're just not available in the rainbow range that lipsticks are at the moment.

This is really worth it if you're looking for something that's fuss free. There's enough drama in life without having to worry about the horrifying moment of lippie on teeth (oh the shame).

No comments:

Post a Comment