Search Saving Face

Saturday 5 February 2011

Wrapping it up

I'm going to say it- I'm ubes jealous of Rochelle Wiseman's scarf collection. Okay, so I'm also jealous of her body, her wage, her job, the rest of her wardrobe.

But it's the scarves that get me.

This is probably un-called for as I literally have *hangs head in retail shame* a whole drawer of scarves. A collection I have built up over the years.
Scarves are great for keeping warm, looking cool, updating to a new style trend, hiding spots and a sausage neck (okay so maybe it's just me for the last two). And whilst I may not be proud of my premature wrinkles, lack of money and fear of snakes, my scarf collection is, what some might call, a work of art. Okay, this is taking it a little too far. *laughs nervously, waits until your back is turned, frantically opens scarf drawer and whispers 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean it my darlings.'*

But, slow clap for my secretly fave Saturday (you're not really supposed to choose between them are you?), from the pap pictures I have seen- a damn lot, on account of my addiction to the daily mail website- this lady knows how to work a neck piece.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1354037/Una-Healy-Rochelle-Wiseman-tour-break-boy-blues.html


I just think you can throw a scarf over anything. Hides a multitude of sins. Though it is probably just me who has a whole load of coffee stains to be hiding on clothes I can't afford to replace......

Let's get down to business

Of course, the most coveted of all scarves is the Alexander McQueen skull print. *sniff* one day. I am currently, in the meantime, rocking a £5 version from Peacocks which does the trick for now. Wear with a bit of eyeliner and a casual tee for a rock chick look. I've just been having a sneaky look on ebay and there seem to be quite a few for sale at the moment. I'm pondering whether a nude coloured one might be a good option for spring? There is a small space in the scarf drawer........

You can't go wrong with a leopard print creation either. Pair with a red lip (or two) for a statement look.You can get them everywhere on the high street for next to nothing. Mine is years old but still works a treat.

Florals are a hot tip for the new spring season and a scarf is always a good way to channel that in to your look.
Colour blocking is also a popular trend so I'm thinking a scarf might be a good way to inject some colour in to the everyday wardrobe? As my ridiculous shopping habit would have it, I happen to have a pink scarf I purchased a year ago which might be ideal. Or it might just make my skin look more irritated. Meh, we'll see!

Walton's word of advice

Word on the street, or from Walton's perfectly lipglossed mouth anyway, is that 'silk loud patterns (re river island) are in now. To be worn around your head, bag, or round your neck.'

And for all you true wrap lovers

If you really are a scarf junkie you should check out this website.
http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrity-fashion/accessories/scarf_15

I know what I'll be doing with the rest of my Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment