Search Saving Face

Sunday 13 February 2011

My bad- I mean bag- addiction

My obsession has been growing for a long time now.

I admit it, it's time to confess.

I'm a bag-a-holic.

 Look, when you look like a box, no clothes are going to flatter your shape, the one option you have is a good accessory! I hope that nowadays, thanks to the wonders of make up and *fingers crossed* (slightly) less blubber, I have put those dark and awkward teeneage years behind me and can actually use bags as a way to jazz up my wardrobe....and not to hide behind.

This is all a bit of a joke, obviously, I'm not going to start on a life lesson here, but I think it's important to accept yourself. Believe it or not, nobody's perfect. My blog, I hope, is more about making the most of your self rather than changing who you are.

Heart to heart aside, I thought that today I would give you a sneak peak in to my bag collection. I literally have so many (and so many more that my mum doesn't know about) and the main reason behind doing this is because, well, I think that often we gals buy things and we're like 'oh I'll wear this one day when I'm a size 8/ going out to a fancy restaurant/ riding through the desert on a camel'. And I am maje guilty of doing this. So looking through my bag collection was a bit theraputic. I have a staple amount of accessories that I wear on rotation  and it's a shame because I have so many more things that I don't feel I'm making the most of. And I should.
Although everything I have bought is a bargain, I'm still lucky to have so much. No more I say! It's time to whip the style out and it's time to whip it out good!


 
I got this bag last year from Dorothy Perkins and it's making me excited for Spring (I know- the joys of my interesting life)



I love this bag. It was a steal from New Look- £5 and makes a real statement....hopefully a good one!


Okay, so.....techically I am not supposed to have this bag yet. I saw it in the half price sale at Tesco F & F for £7.50 with my sister and she bought it for me as a birthday present. So I reluctantly had to give it back after taking this photo and have to wait just over a month to get my hands on it again. Which is fine because, again, this will be great for Spring. It's really roomy so would work well in the day with a white shirt and a 70's floppy hat. 

This is another Tesco find and I bought it last year to take on the airoplane for a beautiful holiday with my bffs. It was £15 I think, but, if you ask me (you haven't , but I will continue) looks a lot more expensive. I like.


This is a bit of a weird one- so really I'm looking for views here- I picked it up in a charity shop quite a while ago because it's pretty unique. Definitely a summer bag, but I'm not sure what to pair it with? Obviously it's a bit of a statement on it's own.
You can find some wonderful things in charity shops, so never rule them out. Plus you're helping a good cause (and no, I don't mean the cause of style, which you are also helping)

This is another charity shop find- my 'old lady bag'! It's pretty retro. Oh how I like to pretend I am a character from Mad Men!


Primark price tag people


No, it's not a sideways bag, I just don't have the technical mind to rotate it. A bit of a quirky one, it was a gift from my mum a year or so ago and it reminds me of Sex and the City a bit.....or I could just be having ideas waaaaay above my station here.


This baby was a gift from the infamous Walton. What can I say? The girl has good bag taste. I'd like to think I was partly responsible for this *queue abuse from Walton*

I really like this little bag. Plus I really like the fact I picked it up from New Look for £6.


I like to think that one day, I will be a qualified journalist (okay this day is only a month away)- but that one day I will be a qualified journalist with a brilliant job. And as such, I shall need a bag like this one. So instead of waiting, as I am the most impatient person in the world, I got it from River Island (oh how I do dream of living in their bag department)

This is a bit of a nod to the 60's- found courtesy of TK Maxx a while ago now. Now, unfortunately, this bag's style is a decade arlier than what is currently 'in.' But it's glorious time in the sun will come

No comments:

Post a Comment