Search Saving Face

Sunday 20 February 2011

Trend on the cheap

I'm hoping to make this 'Trend on the cheap' a bit of a regular feature, as you can get some really good buys for little money (being poor I would know this, will I let this get in the way of fabulousness?! Hell, gals, no!)

So, I'm going to start with the 'Colour blocking' trend. Being a woman of a certain size, I am slightly apprehensive of wearing a clash of bright colours (hello banana). Sure I like to stare at the pictures of beautiful women in magazines wearing them- I am only human.
On a recent trip to ASDA- it was lunchtime whilst working at a newspaper, I was stressed and wanted a treat that wasn't going to add blubber to the hips yet would keep my bank balance out of the red- I found these nail polishes. And- here's the best bit, they're only a pound a pop (think this is a special offer, so hurry). They're the George 'Quick dry' range and the price plus the brilliant colour range make them a great way to incorporate new trends.
I'm really impressed by the colour intensity and the shine. They chip quite easily but to be honest, they hold up better than some of the other, more expensive polishes I've currently got stashed in my room (please don't tell my mum).
The three colours I have are- No 55 Superhero, a really nice bright red, No 56 Swoosh, a bright, spring perfect pink and No 16 Buttercup Shine, a bright yellow. Yes, I know, yellow. But nails, as I said, are a great way of incorporating trends without actually looking like a disaster. I can picture myself lying on a beach in a massive hat, sipping a cocktail in this nail colour. With a tan, of course. And also, in my dreams.

These are my nails, painted in Superhero. Kerpowww!

These are the three colours. I also bought a top coat and strengthener, which for £1 I'm pretty impressed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment