Search Saving Face

Monday 15 October 2012

Twinkle Tips

Call me sad, but to me one of the best things about the new season is updating 'the look.'

SURE kicking fallen leaves, breathing in the new crisp air and the return of months of it being so cold you lose feeling in your nose are GREAT.

But they don't beat shopping, do they?!

And sometimes shopping doesn't even have to mean in an actual, well, shop.

It can mean in your own collection. The things you fell in love with last season, or maybe put in a drawer and forgot about or didn't quite take to last time but now your style's evolved and you love it.

 And just as important as updating your clothes, shoes, handbags, accessories and coats (like totally girls)- is updating your make up.

This is something I'll be covering in a few more posts- you lucky things!- because I've got a new lipstick here and there etc....but I've just spent the evening playing with nail polishes and whilst I'm still slightly high, lets begin with fingertips....

SO...if you haven't snoozed off already....these are the polishes my stubby little sausage fingers will be wearing this season


....not all at the same time, obviously. For one there are 11 here, so that would cause a problem.....

I'm genuinely sorry about the shitty quality of the photos- this will be sorted soon, I promise. But even a badly-sighted person can probably see the mix of colours here, right?

One I'm really liking at the moment is the bright, colbalt-esque blue. This is Poolside by Number 7 (I'm presuming they still stock it, but I don't know, because unfortunately I am not Lisa Eldridge *cry*)

 
 
Blue isn't traditionally an A/W colour for nails- but I don't know...maybe that's why I like it? It's du jour 2012/13 innit.
 
And plus I saw a similar colour on Caroline Flak on the Xtra Factor on Saturday and I'm a little bit in love with that woman so I couldn't resist.
 


One of my favourite shades that I will continue to go back to A/W after A/W is the deep plum colour. This is Raspberry by Barry M. And it's LOVE.



This is..well, this is black.

And like the Amy Winehouse song, I keep going back to it.

This isn't the 'coolest' is it, but on skin with a glow in pale winter air, it's nice. I HAVE A VISION HERE PEOPLE, DON'T RUIN IT FOR ME.

I'm thinking Leona Lewis in the UK Bleeding Love Video, but I'm looking more beaten-up panda.

 
 
I love a trad (sorry, watching Made in Chelsea totally ya) red nail all year round- but especially in A/W.
 
This one, howevs, has got a shimmer to it which, I'll be honest, when I first got it, I didn't really like.
 
 
But having dug it out of my polish drawer and put it over a plain red I frickinnnn loveeeeee it.
 
I'm not wearing a top coat in the photograph (I know, I shouldn't be going around naked on the internet!) but look how the shimmer catches the light! Collection, Starlet, £1.99
 

Speaking of sparkle- who doesn't turn in to a five-year-old on the inside as the days approach Christmas and start grabbing at everything remotely glittery?! *tumbleweed*......

Anyway, this year I am NOT spending ridiculous money on sequinned clothing items that make me look like a cheap version of the Pantomime Dame....instead, I'm going for sparkle on the nails. Smaller bits of sparkle and less brassy, more grown up/ sliiiiiightly more acceptable for work....

SO *review coming soon* I've thus far opted for these bad boys......


Collection Beedazzled in 4 Glittersweet, £2.99
Rimmel Precious Stones 001 Diamond Dust £3.99

NOW- Does anyone know of a lovely gold a la Kate Moss in the Rimmel Matte lipstick campaign?!

No comments:

Post a Comment