Search Saving Face

Wednesday 14 March 2012

No More Acne!

 I've got a punnet of grapes right here next to me and unless I keep my fingers busy, those delicious little beads of nutrients (...and *cough* sugar) will be gone. And then what sweet snack will I have tomorrow? YOU SEE MY DILEMMA HERE!
So that's why I am writing a blog post today. Blame yourselves for making me a social outcast. If I had somewhere to be right now, I would.

Shit, I just ate like three more grapes.

I'm going to tell you my skin story. It sounds like the autobiography of a really pathetic z-lister who's OD'd on botox.

The reason I'm going to tell you this story is because there are a few products (few and far between) on my sad budget that have really helped me with the problem of...DUN DUN DUN.....Adult Acne.

So, we begin.

Once upon a time there was a reasonable looking girl with okay skin.

Then she got to 18....and her skin started getting a bit too pussed-up for her liking.

And it just continued from there, really.

Under the mountainous layers of foundation, I do have acne scarring. It's mainly on my cheeks and at times, even now when I'm almost 23, I get flare-ups.

I don't know if I'll ever completely shake this thing off. I'l be a wrinkly old cow with spots.

 But you know, that's life.

I'm not ashamed to talk about it because it might just help one person going through the same 'JESUS, what is wrong with your skin?' horror.

Over the years, I have tried a PLETHORA of products. I've even used Freederm, prescription creams and dare I say it, nappy rash cream (which actually, does get rid of some redness).

There are a couple of products that DO give a little improvement. Clearasil, for example, will leave you spot free....it will also leave you unable to move your face under a layer of dry skin.

I like facial soaps, thye give a good cleanse.
But again, these can be a little drying. Tesco do a good cleansing bar that's pretty damn cheap so I'll review that at some point for you.

But nevertheless, I thought I would never find ANYTHING that would make me pass for an acne-free person...

..................then low and behold....in walked Cetaphil.


I knew instantly that I had found THE ONE. The love that all of the greats talk about.
Shiiitttttt I am literally eating ALL the grapes.

And Cetaphil does a lot for me, but unfortunately, grabbing food out of my hands, it does not.

What does it do?

Put simply- it clears up my skin.

When I first tried this cleanser, I just cOUld NoT belIEve It.

I'd heard it was really good but I was like....yea okayyy then...sure .......*as I typed my card details in to the online pharmacy to buy it*

I first used it last Summer and within like, a couple of weeks, my skin was clear.

I can't tell you why- there's nothing fancy in this un-fancy looking bottle. There are no harsh ingredients, no latest 'must-haves'....I'm no scientist, I can't tell you why it works for me, it just does.

OH MY GOD NEARLY ALL OF THE GRAPES ARE GONE.

Now they stock it in Boots, and that's where I picked up my latest supply. I bought it on Boxing Day and I use it almost every day and night and I'm still good for it.

It's £8 something I think, but don't quote me on it.

In my humble opinion (which probably don't count for jack)- it is the best £8 something I've ever spent.

Apart from that one time I got really depressed and spent a shit load of money on chocolate...now THAT was a good way to blow some hard-earned cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment