Search Saving Face

Monday 12 March 2012

I Love a Bargain

Like a wayward traveller, out to search for himself on the rocky roads of 19th century America, I return, beaten suitcases in hand, to you, my love....the blogosphere.

Sorry I've bee so monumetally rubbish over the last....22 years of my life. No, the last like six months. Things have been hectic, but not in a bad way. And now I'm back- ready to rant and rave and pretend to myself that someone is listening!

My first meandering- A GOOD OLD FASHIONED FREEBIE!

One thing I love more than the sound of my own voice, is magazines.

It's one of those little treats in life that I buy for ME, you know? Okay, okay, so I buy a lot for me...

And?!

Anyway, imagine my delight when I see the fabulous free gifts with Glamour, Cosmo and Marie Claire this month.


I knowwwww right! That's like 30 squid of product for the price of a few magazines! I was practically salivating in Morrison's....which was a little embarrassing but do I care? You're talking to someone with zero dignity here.
If you're reading this, chances are, you're a bit LIKE me...or you are me....so you'll enjoy this.

I'm going to to a little bit on all of them, so hold your horses!

My first review will be of a gift given unto us by the lovely Glamour magazine. It is the Percy & Reed Totally TLC Hydrating Mask.
There are four products on offer but I chose this baby because a) it's worth the most (obvs) and b) I'm a sucker for a big promise or two.

And this mask makes big promises- not least because of it's £12 price tag.

Yea yea, I know that's not 'that much' by some people's standards, but for a humble trainee journalist, that's a bit steep.

So at first, I must say, I was very sceptical.

The package says you should slather it on, put a towel on your head and leave it for 10 minutes. But hello- AM I SUPPOSED TO BE A PATIENT PERSON?!
So, I havent completed that method yet. I will, in the interest of fairness. And also because I love the 'towel on head' look. It's totes hot.

I slathered it on the ends....quite stingily because, hey, they only give you 100 mil and I've got the hair of a yeti.
I left it whilst I did my other bits (we're talking quite a large surface are when we're talking about my body, so it might have been 10 minutes anyway).

And I must say- I like it.
I really like it.

My hair felt weightless, fresh, and really, really soft.
Now I know that's something the usual highstreet conditioning masks will give you, because I use them all the time.

But something about this felt like real quality.


Would I pay £12 for it?....I would like to say no. I have to say no becuse if I did, I'd be bankrupt pretty soon.

But if I had the money...then yes, I probably would. SHAME. ON. ME.

Tbh, we all know that conditioners and skin products have a 'wear off' period, where, much like a relationship that has fizzled out, they just don't do it for you anymore.

And before kicking that conditioner (or that man) to the curb, you have to give it a little break.
Really re-evaluate your hair (or your relationship) and come back to it.
Most of the time, you'll realise how great it is and your hair (relationship) will once again have that special shine.

I'm going to try and use this SPARINGLY (hah, like I've ever used anything sparingly in my greedy little life) and I will give you an update in a couple of weeks as to how it's looking. Marvellous, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment