Search Saving Face

Tuesday 25 October 2011

I Love You, I Love You Not.......

Today? A moan.

I don't like to do it, I prefer to use sarcasm really. But I, unfortunately, can not muster enough sarcasm to joke about a subject so close to my heart.

That's right. Nail polish.

As you know, I took full advantage of the No7 £5 vouchers on offer recently *shakes fists at their irresistible marketing strategy*. I've been impressed by the lipsticks, and it's a shame I've overlooked this brand in the past because Wild Volume in Forever Cherry is definitely worth a repurchase.

HOWEVER.

When you go to the No7 counter, you can't help but marvel at the nail polish display. There's a rainbow of colours and for me, it was like, totes hard to decide which one i wanted.

Which is why I've ended up with 6. Ooooops. Colour-wise, it's a LOVE FEST between them and I.



I've got Devil's Delight (great autumn red), Temptress (the perfect winter colour to complement pale skin), Foxglove, Totally Teal (I was totally lusting after this for like, a year), Cheeky Chops (very Betty Draper) and MY FAVOURITE colour- Poolside Blue (look at me nails, hello).

Quality-wise....I ain't happy. If you pay full price for these, it's a spend of 7 quid. At full price, my collection would have set me back £42. Fair enough, you might think, for quality polish and great colours.

Personally, I don't think it's fair enough for polish that has more chips than a chocolate cookie.

Yesterday, I slicked on my Poolside Blue, started preparing dinner (after a good wait, obvs). I had to touch it up after 15 minutes!!!!

I know it's the highstreet and I'm not paying premium money so I can't expect premium results blah blah blah. But Barry M is £2.99 and I am so much more impressed with the quality.

You shouldn't be expected to pay £7 for a polish that chips like this does. I would pay £7 so that I don't have to worry. So that I can slick it on and know it's one less thing I have to worry about. This stuff is like a child, it needs constant attention.

As it is, I paid £2 a pop for these, and for that, I'm happy. But in all honesty, I wouldn't say it was a bargain because these are just not worth what No7 are asking for them. Generally, other products I've tried from this brand are worthy of their price tags and (if only I had the cash) I'd be happy to fork out for them.

But something's got to give here; better quality or lower price........or just keep giving me £5 vouchers. And then, like an honest, moral human being, I will shut my trap and just keep buying....

Poolside Blue on my digits last night. Touch ups x 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment