Search Saving Face

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Review: Rimmel Stay Glossy

I'm having a bit of a mouthy moment. No, I don't mean I'm walking round the town shooting my mouth off in trackkie bottoms, hoops and scrapped back hair *cringe* *MAJOR cringe*

I mean lipstick and/ or lip products. I think it started with the death of Jane Russell. And ended with me thinking "Where the hell has glamour gone?!" *looks at self, eye bags, constant feeling of self loathing*....it's definitely not here.

Anyway, I have been meaning to do this review for a while. It's not a new product on the market and it's not really a new product in my make-up case (I swear I am soley responsible for that big rise in the sale of lipstick during the recession. If the whole of my adult life counts as a recession.)

It's the Rimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss, namely in Fuschia.

*Picture courtesy of jellydeal.co.uk.....I am a truly hideous photographer. Or maybe it's just my subject (me wearing lipgloss) that is the problem.....

Though I might sound like a moth, it was the colour that drew me to this product. I was looking for something wearable every day but with a recognisable colour. Unfortunately I don't think I can use this quite as much as I intended. It's a bit TOO colourful. On sunny days it's great. On days like today- nu uh sista.

My second issue- and this is a little bit more than me being a fussy, wrong-colour-choosing, thinking I have someone else's lovely skin tone moo- It's called 'Stay Glossy.'

'Stay Glossy' it 'ain't.

Yes it goes on lovely, yes you'll look dazzling for a while. But this product brings big expectations that it's going to keep shining on and on.

It might do if you keep your mouth shut.

But if, like me, you love a good gossip, a cry, a moan, a smooch or maybe a spontaneous Disney medley, you will find yourself having to re-apply. Several times over.

Looking at it logically, this should be pretty obvious. No substance of this slippery consistency is going to have as much staying power as another formulation. And I'm saying that on a Science GCSE. It will, inevitably, slide off. Plus, it's retailing for less than a fiver.

Like I've posted before, I have a lot of love for the MUA Superdrug products costing a pound a pop. And you know one of the reasons why? It's not gimmicky, it doesn't make high claims, it does what it says on the tin and you- quite frankly- get what you pay for.

I'm sure if Rimmel hadn't called it 'Stay Glossy', I would be more impressed with this product. Just label it 'Lovely coloured lipgloss with a super shiny consistency that needs re-applying every now and then, but let's face it ladies, it's dirt cheap, what do you expect-' and I might be less pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment