Search Saving Face

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Speaking Volumes

Big hair. I am a woman obsessed. So when I saw this whole new range of products that's appearted on our shelves to give root boost, I knew straightaway I'd be jumping on the bandwagon.

Low and behold, Batiste's new Big and Bouncy XXL Volume Dry Shampoo.


I know this has had a ridic amount of reviews already. But as a fan of the backcomb, how could I resist giving you my views?

Firstly, let me just say I hail the dry shampoo like it's a wonder creation. As a hair-dyer, (of the wash-in, semi permanent variety), I don't want to be colouring my hair too often. Sure, we're all young and fresh now....do I want to be bald at 40? We all know the answer to that. So I have to keep washing to a minimum. This means freshness must come from a can.

Now, as someone with dark hair, I like the brunette version. Dandruff- not a good look. So it's a little annoying this new one is white. Brushing vigorously = effort before work and my standard 3 cups of coffee before I can function.

But wow, are the results totally worth it. I really like the volume this product gives, as well as the obvious freshness. If you ask me, dry shampoo is an essental in any girl's kit. Dry shampoo with an added benefit- marvellous.
I went to London for one of my bff's birthday this weekend and had to travel straight from work. There wasn't much time for styling, but luckily, good old XXL dry shamps was on hand. Just a tick of curling later and a dab of backcomb and my, what a result.


Me and Wilbs. Don't worry- I did refine it a little before we left.


Me, Walton. And the best coconut in the world. Fact.

Just please, if you have thick hair, learn a lesson from me, and wash it out BEFORE you hit the shops the next day......


Amusement for the passengers of the London Underground. I only aim to please.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this looks like it really works! As a (relatively)new blonde, part of me quite likes the white ones, because, when my roots are coming through, it's a godsend! Not so much when I was brunnette though, as you say!
    xx

    ReplyDelete