Search Saving Face

Monday 5 September 2011

Hey Nudey....Put Some Clothes On. Please. Normalface, PLEASE!

Fear not, for there is no danger of seeing any exposed areas. Don't worry, this is a safe place. And I have a court order on me promising I wouldn't do that again. Not in public at least. I mean come on, I'm only human.

But this post is not about birthday suits. It's about the nude LOOK. For face, not body.

So, one thing I do more than I eat junk food (I know. If you can believe it) is read magazines. And one look I'm loving from the new A/W season is this whole glowing, dewy skin thing. Who doesn't want to look like they've got a lantern inside their head?|!...not in a 'OHMIGOD that girl's head is about to EXPLODE!' way. In a 'WOW. I'm straight and I have a boyfriend but will you please kiss me?' way.

The first thing you need, ideally, is clear fresh skin. Anyone that reads this blog regularly will know this is NOT me. I will do a post later on the products I've been using to keep out of Pussville recently. Don't get me wrong- I'm always bodering on its outskirts. Like on the B-route in to it. But sometimes there's a roundabout where I can make a reverse turn on the way. Basically- I know Pussville. I know it well. But I'm not a resident. For the time being at least.

ANYWAY, I was in Boots yesterday perusing the make up stands as usual when I came across a brand I've neglected of late. Let's be honest,  Collection 2000 is not exactly 'de rigour' is it? But nevertheless, I was really impressed by what I saw (and what I put all over my hands). I picked up this stuff for my take on the A/W nude look- aka inevitable disaster!




This is the Shimmer and Shade pallette in Way to Glow. I really like this. The camera- because it is DOG BREATH- does not pick up the shimmer as much as it should :( The bronze is really nice for eyes and I like to use the golden colour on the brow bone. The pink is a good highlighter and the....pinky brown colour is great for sculpting.
Of course I say all of this like I know what I'm doing. Well I practised yesterday- okay?! And FYI- I looked lovely. 

I also got- as it was 3 for 2, what was I supposed to do?!- The big fake mascara (which is okay as mascaras go, but no Maybelline) and the much coveted Lating Perfection concealer, which, as others have said, is totes brilliant. Seriously. I was a bit 'meh' about this because I though 'really? All that hype for a £4 product?' but it does a splendid job

And the last thing is Creme Puff lipgloss. Well, it's not technically a gloss because it's a matt creme. And tbh, it's lush. This look requires a juicy lip that looks naked but isn't. Kind of like you want to say 'you can kiss me if you want. But I will taste of sweetness. And you will fall in love.'

So far, no one has taken me up on the offer. Time to get agitated and naked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment