Search Saving Face

Sunday 23 January 2011

Nailing it

As this offer combines two of my addictions, I could not resist when I heard about it. Buy two bottles of diet coke from Boots and get a free Nails Inc nail polish. Go. Now.

So, having applied my lovely new nail paint and high on diet coke, I thought I would write about the good stuff.
I don't know about you, but nail polish is something I have to have on. Mainly because I have sausage hands and I (perhaps wrongly) think a well applied enamel will distract from this. (Of course, there's no distracting getting the sausage fingers stuck in rings, bowling balls and various other places for skinny fingers. At most a nail poilsh is going to cost you £10- yes, it's pretty. But it can't work miracles.)

One rather cool new product for those of you who are a bit more daring- Barry M Instant Nail Effects. Apply over a base colour and watch the animal print appear. Don't ask me how it works- I spend far too much time applying nail polish to learn about science! All I know, having just got some (and waiting ages due to high demand) is that it does. Having said that, it will probably last for ages because what are the chances of you wanting animal nails every day? Unless you are an animal. But then I guess you wouldn't know any different. £3.99 Boots
http://www.barrym.com/make-up-tutorials/video-tutorial.asp?vid=107


For a bit of glamour

It has to be Nails Inc. I have 3 of their polishes (thanks to Boots for the third one. And also thanks to my lovely boyfriend who bought the coke :) ) in hampstead heath (a pinky colour), Victoria (dark red/ browny) and camel (nude).  I like these particular colours because they are versatile, they go with anything and it's easy to do touch ups. Unfortunately due to lack of funds and lots of studying to do, my tally will be remaining at 3 for the time being. But then you only have ten fingernails, so it's no big deal.

For high shine, long lasting

This might surprise you- Avon nail wear pro. Seriously, this stuff is good. All you need is two coats and it lasts for ages without chipping and is really shiny, especially in Viva Pink. It's a real summer colour and it will cheer you up a treat as you desperately wait for the summer (NB- if you're not going on holiday and you're staying in the UK, don't kid yourself that summer is a definite).
Best part is, it's half price at the moment.
http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/nails/nailwear-pro-nail-enamel.html

For colour on the cheap

Having an account balance of approximately zero- and no, I have not spent it all on nail polish or diet coke- and feeling a bit stressed, I thought I'd cheer up these winter blues. Scraping around in my pockets I found £2 and thought....what am I going to buy with that in superdrug that a) won't make me come out in a rash or b) bring back that drag queen look I've been so desperately trying to get rid of for years? I shall tell you the answer my friends- Beaty uk glam nails polish.
I think this brand must have had a recent overhaul, they've got a really good range of colours to choose from and what's more is that their polishes are a snip at £1.99
I like Peach Melba and Turqoise Shimmer, because I always over look green for nails but this is a nice shade without being too garish. But I got Coral Suprise, because every time I look at it I remember to keep working so I can go and lie on a beach in the not too distant future!
http://www.beautyukcosmetics.com/products/nails/nail-varnish-glam-nails

No comments:

Post a Comment