Search Saving Face

Sunday 9 January 2011

Big on HAIR

I am a strong believer that the sky's the limit and there are no heights that can't be reached.....with my hair.

It's something that I used to see as a problem (you try being an overweight ten-year-old in a swimsuit standing by the pool as two teachers try and shove your bird's nest in to a swimming cap as the other kids ROTFL. Cost my mum a fortune in latex, damn stretchable hats).

But now I actually quite like my hair. It's great for hiding things.

And let's face it, the bigger the hair, the smaller the waist looks. I'D BETTER GET THE ROLLERS OUT, PRONTO!!!!

Talking of rollers, I must admit to being a bit of a fan of these retro wonders. My bffs are very fond of taking the piss out of my hair prep for a night out. I have been known to spend the day in the house looking like Vera Duckworth.
Laugh or not, rollers are pretty effective for volume. But there are certain ways to enhance their va-va-voom.

1) MOUSSE

The one I absolutely love is Aussie Hair Care Aussome Volume and Conditioning Mousse, rrp £5.49. Which is actually a good price for a product this good. It smells great, it's not sticky and gives you hair volume Queen Chezza herself would be proud of.
Your best bet is to spread a reasonable amount on your roots before blow drying. Then, once the hair is just a little damp, you can add some more. Of course it depends on the natural state of the stuff on your noggan.

2) BLOW DRY

Two words I can not live without. Literally, this stuff I haul round every day would take about a week to dry without the use of a decent hairdryer. To add volume to the roots, I like to use a large barrel brush (you can get them from all the usual places but my current fave is from Avon and was only about £3) and hold the roots up and back as I dry them. It lifts the roots instantly and is quite a good trick if you don't have time for rollers as it works in an instant.

3) ROLLERS

The saviour of many a barnet, be sure of it! Try to get them as close to the roots as you can, to ensure plenty of volume. To make sure the crown gets lots of height, use the biggest rollers for these sections. If you have ridiclously thick hair like yours truly (I'm telling you people, my head ONLY looks big because of it), secure with grips. Put them in when hair is slightly damp and gently blow dry to set. In my experience, the longer you leave them, the better they will work. So if you can stand it, sleep in them.....as long as you're sleeping alone because no boyfriend deserves that!

4) HAIRSPRAY

The magazines are always banging on about L'oreal Elnett and yes, it's a good un. But I like Pantene Pro-V because hair doesn't smell obviously hairsprayed. Be generous, but don't choke yourself. Again *gulp* I say this purely from experience.....

No comments:

Post a Comment